Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Workout Program---Focus: Legs and Butt

So I was sitting on a black leather bench at the gym, doing some dumbbell shoulder presses, and staring at myself in the wall-size mirror...lol...when I realized my arms are more developed and defined than my legs! I like my legs. They look good. I work them out regularly, unlike some guys who have nice arms and pecs but skinny chicken legs. I decided to develop my legs more by working them out more often. Just when I thought I had a work-out program that I was happy with and was going to stick to for a while, I changed my mind. But it's for the better.

By the way, I worked out chest last night and arms tonight. Anyways my program used to be Chest, Arms, Abs, Butt, Legs, Cardio. My new program for awesome legs and buns of steel while keeping the rest of my body looking great is as follows: Monday: Legs; Tuesday: Butt; Wednesday: Abs and Cardio; Thursday: Chest; Friday: Arms; Saturday: Legs; Sunday: Butt. That means each 7-day week, I will have 2 days of working out legs and 2 days of working out butt. Ok! Sounds like a plan! I'll start that program next Monday. In the meantime, I'll follow my old program. Tomorrow is Abs Night! YES!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan, you look stronger in your latest photo and your plan looks good. I am just wondering if one cardio a week is enough. BTW, just curious how you manage your intake? Do you take whey?

12:35 AM  
Blogger Dan Hoang said...

Andrew, I just eat 3 normal balanced meals. I sometimes make protein shakes with vanilla flavored powder, fruit juice, and milk. That's when I want to gain muscle mass. I just want a lean, muscular body, so I rarely take protein shakes.

By the way, all the photos of me that you have ever seen were taken at times when I did not incorporate cardio into my workout. I would sometimes run for a week before a photo shoot, but if there was a 3 months break between shoots I would not do any cardio during that time. Well I can still have a nice body without doing cardio ( maybe I have a high metabolism) but I think doing cardio once a week will help me burn the tiny bit of body fat that will make me look more defined. I'm doing cardio because it makes my heart stronger, increases my lung capacity, helps reduce stress, helps me sleep better, and makes me feel good. Did I mention burning fat? That's the main reason to do cardio.

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, thanks for the detailed reply!
Do let us know when there is new photo shoot!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home