Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Getty Center, Part IV


I'm sitting in a chair that was part of a collection of copies of chairs from Europe around the time of the French Revolution. They were all white leather and white-painted wooden chairs. Quite comfortable. The exhibit was called "Please Be Seated." I sat on 3 of the chairs and saw myself on the TV screen, in an elegantly decorated room. It was interesting and fun.



Linda and I drew for half an hour. There is a room that has statues and paintings for people to sit and draw. All the supplies are provided. We decided to draw the elaborate frame of this one particular painting. Linda is much better at drawing than me. I prefer painting.
This is one of my favorite still-life paintings, so detailed and gorgeous. We stared at and studied this one for quite some time. I noticed a lot of bees and flies on the fruits and flowers....lol....I guess it was the thing to do back then, to paint bugs all over the fruits. We saw other similar still-life paintings with all kinds of insects. I had to wait my turn to take a photo. This guy was taking 20 photos of this painting! "Gorgeous!" That was our word of the day.
"Gorgeous!"
This large painting is absolutely gorgeous! Both Linda and I wished we were present when this painting was done---to tweeze this pretty lady's eyebrows...lol....She's still very lovely.

I call this painting "Strike a Pose!" WOW! Red Pants! I wouldn't want this guy to guard my castle....lol.... But then again, look at his tiny waist! I guess I don't have to feed him much...lol
I call this painting "Strike a Pose, Deux (II)!"

This lady on a Greek vase looks like she's on her cell phone. Yes, I know ancient Greeks did not have cell phones...lol...She was probably calling 911 because some guy just stabbed her husband. I should have taken another picture to include her husband, but there were other people trying to see this vase. Darn it! Next time I go to the Getty Center, you bet I'm gonna take another picture of this vase!
"Gorgeous!" "Amazing!" "Magnifique!"

Could I please borrow this to decorate my Thanksgiving dinner table? I promise I will return it...lol...My guests will not even look at the turkey. They will be hypnotised by the beauty and shininess of this fabulous candelabra.

Two beautiful pines trees at the exit of the Getty Center.
A gorgeous sunset to end a wonderful day of exploring art and stimulating conversations with my artist friend Linda. We had such a great time! We will visit the Getty Center again next year. I promise you new pics!

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Dan you're so cute! I love all the comments you make. I can't wait to go back for another wonderful day at the Getty. This time we will eat at Grace in Hollywood and have their fabulous desserts!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Glad you are bloging again. Hope your T-Day was good.

-Dana

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home