Saturday, March 18, 2006

Opening Night

Last night was opening night! I got cards and flowers---a lot of encouragement:) I was kind of nervous. It IS my acting debut. I was not a junior theatre kid. I never acted on stage before. I got chosen because the director thinks I have the right look for this part. He also thinks I will play the part well. Otherwise he would not have given me the contract. Interesting story how I got started in live musical theater: I was working at my bank one day. The director came up to me and asked me, "Do you act?" I said,"I don't, but I can." So he told me to go to the audition. That's how it all started. My first experience in theater is a principal role---pretty COOL!

Opening night was great! I had a great time! I made one my mistake: I paused half a second between my lines near the end. I continued and finished delivering the last lines of the show---yes, I get to say the last lines in the show. Quite cool!

Tonight will be much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home