Monday, January 30, 2006

Chuc Mung Nam Moi

Happy Chinese New Year! Happy Tet! Happy Lunar New Year! I did something cultural yesterday. I went to a Vietnamese Tet Festival. It was wonderful to see lots of people from my country having a good time. I had fresh sugarcane drink which reminded me of the time when I was a little boy in Vietnam. There was Vietnamese food, kids wearing traditional clothes, pretty girls wearing Vietnamese dresses called "ao dais", a few cute Vietnamese guys, traditional music, a few pop stars, and beautiful folk dances performed by high school and college students. I had a great time! Being there made me want to visit Vietnam next year during the Tet Festival. That would be so much fun! Best of luck to all of you! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger JSVAN44 said...

Good for you! It's very nice when someone can appreciate their own culture and heritage.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Anthony L from HK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:22 AM  
Blogger City Wiccan said...

That's cool! We were going to go to the one here in Toronto but my favourite singer wasn't there . . . Nhu Quynh. I bet she was at your festival :(

Great new pics!!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Dan Hoang said...

Hey Anthony, I suggest we both go to Saigon next year and find out what fabulous food Vietnamese people eat during the Tet Festival. I would love to experience more of my culture!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home