Friday, January 13, 2006

Artist Model

Today, I modeled for a painter in his studio. It was interesting and fun. I haven't modeled nude for an artist in almost a year. He contacted me about a month ago. I saw his paintings on his website and decided to work with him because I liked his work. He's a very talented painter who does mostly landscapes and architectural paintings, but he wants to start painting nude models. Well, being an artist, myself, I know talent when I see it.

So I modeled nude for him for 4 hours. I did a few standing poses and a few sitting ones. My muscles ached from having to stay in one postion for 15 minutes to half an hour. He did some sketches. He wants to do many drawings of me to figure out which pose he likes the best. When he is ready to do a painting of me, I suppose I will do his favorite pose for a few hours (of course, I will be allowed a few breaks...lol).

After the nude modeling session, he gave me a ride home. I showed him my painting studio and the two paintings of Madrid and Cannes that I'm currently working on. It was cool talking about art with another painter :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Anthony L from HK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Francis Ford Faggola said...

Hi Dan. I am one of your fans. I love you, I mean, love your pics. :)

Are we gonna get to see some of those sketches? Or the eventual painting? ;)

Lucky artist...

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a great artist! Congratulations!!!
You are the best!!!

kisses and hugs

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home